Friday, August 13, 2010

QoS on Cisco 3560 diagram

Hi all,

Reading the documentation about catalyst 3560 QoS, you may note that it's hard to understand the 3560 QoS model and how the various pieces will interact during the configuration and the operation of that platform.

So I've decided to order the various things in my mind with a diagram, made with Dia as usual:

Here the .jpg result of my understanding, feel free to suggest improvements or to note errors.. this is the v1.0 version (alpha?) and has to be reviewed.

have fun
Marco



PS: I also suggest to read:
INE Blog: Bridging the gap between 3550 and 3560 QoS: Part I
INE Blog: Bridging the gap between 3550 and 3560 QoS: Part II
INE Blog: Quick Notes on the 3560 Egress Queuing

2 comments:

Nicolas said...

Looks pretty good!

Ark+ said...

Excellent works !
Please can you add to your scheme the "bandwidth limit" command which, i guess, is located before the queueing ?